Friday, December 24, 2010

Maybe I can blog, too

Well, hey, it's called a blog for a reason. It doesn't entirely have to be a little portfolio of my poetry dawdles and what-not.

So it's Christmas Eve. For about 13 more minutes as I'm writing this, and by the time I finish it'll probably be Christmas. It gives us all time to reflect on a season when we should be giving, enjoy the gifts that we have, etc.

My day started off at 4:45 AM. Fantastic start, eh? I had a 5:30 - 10:00 AM shift at work. Pool was closed till 7:15 on my call due to lightning, then no one came in until 9. So I had three and a half hours to just play on my phone. Great stuff. Then an hour of aerobics class, and I was relieved (in more than one sense of the word).

I swam 1300 yards worth of laps, got out of the pool, chatted with my friend who was lifeguarding, and clocked out to head back home. Got paid 1.5 times as much as normal due to it being Christmas eve. Sweet deal there.

And today was just overall a lazy day. I was hardly what you'd call productive. I think the most I did other than swim laps was clean my room. Played some Halo, chatted with some friends, texted of course, as is per usual, and even took a nap.

Then had some dinner with the family and my uncle and grandma. Some Arabian empanadas were in order, and boy did I need another dose of those. Good stuff. After dinner, we opened presents from my mom's side of the family: I got an ACU hoodie and an office chair for the dorm room. Interesting gifts, made me happy.

Overall, a normal day away from the hustle and bustle of both college and work. It was a nice break, as the next few days will be also. I'm hoping to blog more often, with more interesting reports of days to come.

Peace, and God Bless~

No comments: